The monitoring relay PMVF10 is designed and developed to satisfy
requirements of the local power authority (ENEL guide edition 2.1 of
12/2010). The authority imposes that the following automatic
controls be done whenever an independent power source
(e.g. wind turbine or photovoltaic systems, diesel generating set,
etc.) is connected in parallel with the electrical grid (local
– Limits of minimum and maximum voltage values
– Limits of minimum and maximum frequency values
– Limit of the Rate Of Change Of Frequency (ROCOF).
When at least one of these limits are not respected, abnormal
conditions need to be signalled using a contact.
Typically, the contact is used to isolate the independent power
source from the electrical grid.
The following protections are available:
measurements of this relay allow to obtain a correct operation even
in presence of harmonic voltages.
The device has fixed tripping thresholds for minimum and maximum
voltage while those for frequency can be selected between
two predefined values using a rotary switch. A reset delay is adjustable by
Self powered by the system to control
• Three-phase systems (400VAC 50Hz), with or
• Single-phase systems (230VAC 50Hz)
outputs, each with one changeover contact,
rated 8A 250VAC in AC1
Modular DIN 43880 housing (3
protection: IP40 on front (only when
mounted in housing or electric board with IP40)
IP20 on terminals.
For maximum voltage:
– Threshold ≥ 1.13Ue (fixed)
– Tripping time ≤ 0.1s (fixed).
For minimum voltage:
– Threshold ≤ 0,825Ue (fixed)
– Tripping time ≤ 0.2s (fixed).
Multifunction rotary switch:
• Control of phase or phase-to-phase voltage values
• Frequency threshold ±0.3 or ±1Hz
• ROCOF (>0.5Hz/s) ON-OFF.
“Reset delay” Resetting time 0.1-30s.
– 1 green LED for system within limits (flashing when out of
– 3 red LEDs for minimum and maximum voltage, minimum and maximum
frequency and ROCOF.
Rated voltage to be controlled Ue
Three-phase low-voltage system,
with or without neutral.Compatible for single-phase low-voltage system.
Minimum and maximum AC voltage and frequency plus ROCOF.